- MEDIA CENTER
In 2020, Southwest China's Guizhou province was able to revive its tourism market amid the novel coronavirus pandemic, becoming an international destination for mountain tourism and a national destination for vacations.
Let's have a look at 10 highlights of Guizhou's culture and tourism development in 2020 chosen by several domestic mainstream media outlets:
1. According to the eighth plenary session of the 12th CPC Guizhou provincial committee held on Dec 9 last year, Guizhou will integrate tourism development with new types of industrialization, urbanization and agricultural modernization.
2. Guizhou has completed the construction of public culture service systems at 842 relocation sites and supported the development of 192 intangible cultural heritage workshops. It helped 1.12 million impoverished people shake off poverty through tourism development and had 10 poverty alleviation projects selected by the World Tourism Alliance.
3. Guizhou released 10 measures to help the tourism industry recover from the impact of the pandemic. It allocated 80 million yuan ($12.35 million) to support 1,246 culture and tourism companies facing difficulties and issued coupons to stimulate tourism consumption. Provincial officials also organized tourism promotion events in more than 20 cities.
4. Since Guizhou's intelligent platform was launched on May 19 last year, it has achieved more than 100 million page views, 10 million registered users and 27,000 online shops. The platform hosts the ticket data for all Guizhou's national 5A-level scenic spots and realizes intelligent management for Guizhou's scenic attractions above the national 4A-level.
5. In 2020, Guizhou released 2,991 investment attraction projects for the culture and tourism industries, 913 of which were signed, 1,026 are under construction and 836 have been put into operation. Guizhou's culture and tourism investment promotion events have witnessed the signing of 733 projects with 49.7 billion yuan of funds in place.
6. The 15th Guizhou Tourism Industry Development Conference was successfully held on Sept 21 last year. The conference promoted Guizhou's 100 tourist routes, 1,800 package tour products and more than 200 self-guided tours.
7. Guizhou has seen an increasing number of national 5A-level scenic spots, national tourist resorts, national all-for-one tourism demonstration areas, cultural consumption pilot cities, national cultural industry demonstration parks and national key villages for rural tourism.
8. More than 10,000 artistic works themed around poverty alleviation and pandemic prevention and control were created in Guizhou last year.
9. Guizhou has 77 counties listed as protection and utilization areas of national artifacts of the revolution. Four museums have become national level-one museums in the province, and 18 intangible cultural heritage items reached the national level.
10. Guizhou has five libraries that became public service institution integration pilot units. The province also rolled out equipment at cultural facilities in 1,909 villages, built and renovated 651 toilets at or near tourism spots and issued regulations for public cultural services and public libraries.