Home  >   Visas

Visa exemptions

www.gov.cn| Updated: 2022-10-10 Print

What are the other types of visa exemptions, besides visa-free entry based on mutual agreements and 24/72/144-hour visa-free entry?

(1) Holders of valid APEC business travel cards. The APEC business travel card is equivalent to a multiple-entry visa good for 5 years. The cardholder may enter China within the validity period of the travel card with a valid passport consistent with the card. The duration of each stay can be up to 60 days or 90 days.

(2) Citizens of countries that have diplomatic relations with China holding ordinary passports and on a tour to Hong Kong or Macao, and part of group tours to the Zhujiang River (Pearl River) Delta Area for a stay of less than 6 days organized by travel services registered in Hong Kong or Macao, do not need to apply for a visa. The Zhujiang River (Pearl River) Delta Area refers to the following cities: Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Zhaoqing and Huizhou. The policies are also applicable to group travel to Shantou, with direct exit from Shantou, and provided the scope of activities does not exceed the administrative area of Shantou.

(3) Citizens of the following countries holding ordinary passports are exempt from a visa, if they travel to Hainan province in a tour group (five or more people) organized by an international travel agency registered in Hainan province and approved by the China National Tourism Administration, and also if their stay is not to exceed 15 days: the US, Malaysia, Thailand, Republic of Korea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Germany, the UK, France, Austria, Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Netherlands, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Japan, and Singapore. Among the listed countries, visitors from the Republic of Korea, Germany and Russia may stay for 21 days if their group includes two or more people.

(4) Citizens of Singapore, Brunei and Japan holding ordinary passports may enter China without a visa provided that they travel to China for tourism, family visit, business or transit, and intend to stay in China for no more than 15 days.

(5) Tourist groups from 10 ASEAN countries (Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Singapore, Brunei, Philippines) to Guilin for a stay of no more than 6 days organized by travel services approved by the Guilin Municipal Tourism Administration do not need to apply for a visa, with direct entry/exit from Guilin Airport.

Copyright © China Daily. All rights Reserved.