- MEDIA CENTER
Guiyang, capital of Southwest China's Guizhou province, released several measures to encourage foreign investment utilization this year. The measures have taken effect and are as follows:
1. Promote the opening-up of key areas such as advanced equipment manufacturing, medium and high-end consumer goods manufacturing, new energy, new materials, the digital industry, health medicine, service trade, medium and high-end commerce and trade industry. Provide guidance and services for foreign-invested enterprises to apply for recognition as high-tech enterprises and focus on introducing Fortune Global 500 enterprises and key foreign investment projects to complement the industrial chain. Leading foreign investment projects that play a great role in driving industry and foreign investment projects of national strategic emerging industries will also be brought to Guiyang.
2. Support the establishment and launch of foreign-invested enterprises and projects in Guiyang's four national development zones – the Guiyang Economic and Technological Development Zone, Guiyang National High-tech Industrial Development Zone, Guizhou Shuanglong Airport Economic Zone and the Guiyang Free Trade Zone – as well as six provincial economic development zones in Baiyun district, Qingzhen city, Kaiyang county, Xifeng county, Wudang district and Xiuwen county.
3. Construct "foreign investment service housekeeper" teams, improve the contact service system for key foreign investment enterprises, determine the list of key service objects at the municipal and district levels, select officials as "foreign investment service housekeepers" and provide one-stop services for foreign investment.
4. All enterprises and projects recognized as "significant" can enjoy preferential policies such as financial support, registration services, loan interest discounts, financing guarantees and fee reductions.
5. Guiyang will evaluate all provincial development zones and offer 1.5 million yuan ($235,511), 1 million yuan and 500,000 yuan for the first, second and third place zones to attract and serve foreign-invested companies.
6. For foreign investment promotion events held domestically and internationally, Guiyang will offer subsidies according to the attracted investment scale.
7. Foreign-invested companies will be treated equally as other companies in government fund arrangements, land supply, tax reductions, qualification permits, standards setting, project applications and human resources policies.
8. The examination and approval procedures for foreign investment will be optimized.
9. International workers and students can apply for long-term work visas, while their children can enjoy education in Guiyang.
10. Guiyang will strictly follow China's law on foreign investment and provide municipal supporting policies to foreign investors and companies.
11. Guiyang will publish names of offices and contact information for handling complaints submitted by foreign-invested enterprises and improve the process of complaint receiving, coordination and transfers, research and disposals and timely feedback.
12. Guiyang will enhance law enforcement and supervision in market supervision.
13. When making policies related to foreign investment, Guiyang will consult and obtain the advice of foreign-invested enterprises and business associations, determine reasonable releases and implementation time and provide English translations.
14. Guiyang will protect foreign-invested enterprises' intellectual property, report significant cases and progress related to foreign intellectual property protection and support Guiyang-based foreign-invested enterprises to participate in the evaluation of municipal, provincial and national intellectual property awards.
15. Guiyang will support foreign-invested enterprises to participate in the establishment of national and industrial standards.
16. All foreign-invested enterprises can participate in government procurements according to law. If any illegal and discriminatory actions occur during procurements, the enterprises can inquire, question and make complaints to related departments and the departments should respond or handle the complaints due time.
17. The land use of projects with an investment of more than $100 million will be guaranteed by the municipal government.
18. Foreign-invested enterprises recognized as "significant" will receive subsidized loan interest of no more than 500,000 yuan per year.
19. Foreign-invested enterprises and capital-accrual projects set up in Guiyang will receive awards according to the actual utilization of foreign investment.
20. Guiyang will expand cooperation with international industrial parks in Germany, Japan and Singapore, as well as regions such as Hong Kong and Macao. All international industrial parks will receive financial support according to their level and numbers of foreign-invested enterprises and projects.
21. Guiyang will guarantee employee supply to foreign-invested enterprises, which is providing a subsidy of 1,000 yuan per employee per month, up to 1.5 million yuan per year per enterprise.
22. Guiyang will encourage third-party institutions to help the city attract foreign investment and provide them with awards according to the scale of the direct utilization of foreign capital.
23. From Jan 1, 2021 to Dec 31, 2030, all foreign-invested enterprises running businesses included in the "list of encouraged industries in West China", will receive a 15 percent income tax reduction, if the business income accounts for more than 60 percent of the company's total revenue.
[This English version is only for reference. To learn more, please refer to the authoritative Chinese version.]